As a parent, you are the first person your child looks to when they get hurt of if they’re coming down with a cold. Even though you can’t always protect them from the world, there are a few ways you can make sure they that stay in good health. Here are five ways you can make sure they stay in tip-top shape.
- Skipping the junk food: What looks good and tastes good may not always been good. Make sure that when it comes to meal time, be sure to include more colorful foods such as fruits and vegetables.
- Don’t skip breakfast: Having a regular breakfast fuels the start of a productive day, and also makes sure that your child will function properly throughout the day by having a hearty breakfast.
- Drink more water: Put the soda and other sugary drinks away and trade it in for water or all fruit smoothies.
- Limit screen time: Limit the amount of time your child spends behind a computer screen, in front of the TV, or phone in hand to at least two hours a day.
- Get them involved: Having your child involved in extracurricular activities not only keeps them physically active, but it also introduces them to disciplinary skills that carry them into adulthood.
Sports Physicals and Treatment for Sports Injuries in Arlington, MA
At AFC Urgent Care Arlington, we administer sports physicals on a walk-in basis. Our comprehensive sports physicals cover your child’s medical history and our physicians will conduct the entire physical in-house, and you’ll never need an appointment to be see.
We also provide treatment for a number of sports injuries such as:
- And more!
For more information about our sports physicals or treatment for sports injuries, please call to speak with one of our medical professionals, or stop by today!