USCIS Immigration Medical Exams in Arlington MA
Now offering immigration medical exams to residents of Arlington, Belmont, Cambridge, Somerville, Lexington, Medford, Winchester and nearby areas in Boston
AFC Arlington is proud to offer Immigration Medical Exams (also known as Green Card Physicals) to hopeful immigrants in and around Arlington, Cambridge, Somerville, Belmont, Medford, Somerville, Lexington, Winchester areas. The immigration medical exam is a major milestone in visa/immigration applications and our physicians are certified as designated civil surgeons by USCIS to conduct these physical exams in our area.
What is a USCIS Immigration Medical Exam?
Although the primary purpose of an immigration medical exam is to ensure that you are screened for certain medical conditions before a visa is issued, we always tell our patients that your health matters just as much as your visa application. While we ensure full compliance with immigration law, we want to make sure that the good news of your immigration application progressing nicely should be accompanied by the good news of you being in excellent health. That is why we try to make the process of the medical exam the least bit intimidating and anxiety inducing as possible.
To book a physical call or text us today at
How it Works
A minimum of two visits are required for an immigration physical exam (per applicant). The first can be scheduled any day of the week and is conducted by a Medical Assistant or a nurse who specializes in reviewing immigration related paperwork. The purpose of this visit is to ensure that your paperwork is in order and begin some of the medical testing required by USCIS. During this visit, the Medical Assistant will collect all the necessary documentation, review your paperwork and record it on your I-693 form. The second visit will be with your Civil Surgeon to complete your physical and obtain any necessary immunizations/vaccinations. This is typically done about 7 days after the initial visit, in order to allow for the lab results to come back after the first appointment.
Please note that additional visits may be required depending on the Civil Surgeon’s schedule and your test results. During the exam, the Civil Surgeon will review your health history and has to conduct a full body examination. For females, a female staff member will be present in the room if there is a male Civil Surgeon conducting the physical exam. Once health history is reviewed with the Civil Surgeon, he or she will inform the Medical Assistant to give any further vaccinations, immunizations or blood tests.
Once all reports have been received and reviewed, you will be notified that the documents are ready to be signed.
What you need to bring
Applicants must bring the following to appointments:
- Government issued photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport (if physical is for a child, the child must also have photo ID as well. Parent’s identification documents and relationship documents will notbe accepted)
- Vaccine/Immunization records (if records are in a different language they will need to be translated into English): www.uscis.gov/i-693
- Hospital or clinic records if available, including proof of prior treatment for tuberculosis or other infectious diseases
- Prior chest x-rays and/or other diagnostic tests
- Any mental health related records
- Immigration Physical Form I-693 form (you may complete this online or you may fill one out here at the clinic. Please be sure everything is capitalized and in black ink)
- Payment (we accept cash or credit/debit. We do not accept checks)
Cost per applicant (must be paid in full during the first visit)
- Adults (age 15 and over) – $599
- Children (age 14 and under) – $399
All Exams include:
- Physical Examination by Civil Surgeon
- Gonorrhea Test
- RPR (Syphilis) Test
- TB Test (via QuantiFERON Gold)
Please note that depending on the situation such as your country of birth, travel history and available medical records you may need additional testing and services NOT included in the price above. These services can include:
- Chest X-Ray
- TDAP (Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis vacccine)
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella vaccine)
- Hepatitis A Vaccine
- Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Cert. Medical Translation Services
- Flu Vaccine
Prices for all the above services is listed in our pricing page. Please note that without reviewing your medical history and test results we cannot accurately give you the “final price” of your immigration medical exam. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us and we’ll be glad to help you further.5
You can trust us with your application!
Our clinic is certified to performed the immigration medical exams required by U.S. immigration law, and our staff has had specific training in how to properly handle your paperwork so your immigration application I-693 is not delayed because of minor clerical mistakes. We understand very clearly how important your visa application is and we ensure it is handled with attention to detail!